The GRoW Programme
The GRoW project is for women who want to make a change in their lives.
“Are you hoping for a part time job? Looking for training to improve your skills? How about a work placement to build your confidence and experience? Or maybe you’re just looking to get out more and make new friends. We can help with all these things. “
Belina’s expertise is in supporting women with childcare and caring responsibilities, and especially lone parents.
What you can expect:
- Your own GRoW group
- A personal adviser: find work that fits in with your family.
- Weekly Belina Jobs Bulletin
- Help to find free and affordable childcare
- Expertise in CVs for women who have taken time out.
- Preparation for interviews and Belina’s IT is EASY approach.
- Friendly drop-in sessions to build your confidence
- Extra benefit and budgeting advice: including a
- In-work support and incentives for people who get a job,
and then stay in work
GRoW is also a confidence-building programme, which has been tried, tested and tailored to meet the needs of parents. Parents are motivated to work because they know it makes sense and has a positive long-term double impact: first on them, and then on their children. Getting back to work improves the financial, social and emotional prospects of the whole family.
GRoW helps parents to identify what they really enjoy about their current lives and what they want to change. It helps them to challenge their perceptions of the barriers and encourages them to take small steps back to work.
It comprises enjoyable and creative activities, using specially designed and printed
materials, and is backed with this website and social media support.
The GRoW programme has six elements
- Applying for a Job
- Setting up your own business
- Action plan
Each session has a detailed plan for the facilitator and materials and activities for the group. Each session is complete in itself, but builds to make a route map back to work, education and training.
We use group sessions because parents tell us they feel better able to discuss their issues when they are with others in the same situation. Every session reduces isolation and helps to build confidence, because parents realise they are not alone and with a skilled and trained facilitator they begin to talk through their real and sometimes perceived barriers.
Group work helps advisers be better too, as they have far more time with parents and get to know them, and so the help they offer is more appropriate and personalised. It is a win win situation.
We also help parents overcome their fears about applying for jobs especially filling in an application form, writing a CV and attending an interview.
if you want to deliver the GRoW programme in your centre contact us
WE have worked in the following and Children’s Centres
- Charville School, Charville
- Cranford Park academy Hayes
- Hermitage, Academy Uxbridge
- Lake Farm Academy
- Pinkwell Primary School Harlington
- Woodend Park Academy Hayes
- Belmore Children’s Centre
- Charville Children’s Centre
- Macmillan Childrens Centre
- South Ruislip Children’s Centre
- Yiewsly Cornerstone Children’s centre