JOB CODE: SAWEC
Eight-month project. Flexible working.
10 hours a week, £13.00 an hour. £6,760 a year (pro-rata from £25,350)
Please note: our BBO project is funded by the lottery to support Afghanistani, Bangladeshi, Pakistani, Sri Lankan and Tamil Women from South Asia.
To engage women onto our ESF/Lottery Funded employability programme in Croydon and Merton and to be part of the team that supports them in to work, education and training.
- Attend community groups and activities to engage South Asian women onto our project.
- Assist our employability team to deliver Belna’s Get Ready for Work GRoW programme
- Provide translation support.
- Investigate the needs of South Asian Women in returning to work and liaise with our Employment broker
- To engage a minimum of 32 women on to the programme
You will have the following skills
- Ability to undertake outreach work on your own
- Ability to complete the ESF entry form and to collect and ratify appropriate evidence
- Knowledge of the South Asian communities
- Fluent in at least one South Asian language.
To apply please email: Info@belinaconsulting.co.uk with the name of the job in the email header
- A brief cover note on why you are applying for the job
- Your CV – maximum 2 pages
- Your answer to this question in a maximum of 500 words How would you engage south Asian Women onto our programme
Please put your name, and the job code, in all document titles Eg Jane Smith CV SAWEC.docx
We are an innovative organisation working on cutting edge employability projects with Primes across London. We support women who want to work, but face many barriers. We are here to help them change their lives. We value diversity, promote equal opportunities and believe that work is an important part of all our lives. We value membership of the IEP.
We offer fully flexible working. All posts can be based at home, you can request, at interview, the hours that would best suit you and all jobs are open to term-time only working.
- Closing date for applications: noon Friday 24 March 2017
- Interviews week commencing 3 April
- Posts commence 8 May 2017
- You must be DBS checked.
- There is a three-month probationary period.
- One-month notice period
- Statutory pension, sick pay and maternity pay.
- Salary paid monthly in arrears – happy to pay the first month in two fortnightly chunks.
This post is funded by the European Union Social Fund, and the Building Bettor Opportunities Big Lottery fund and is part of the Raising Aspirations project.
Find out more about our programmes at getreadyforwork.org