Parents offer their timesaving tips
You got the job! Congratulations! you are starting on a major change in your life – and You will need to change too says Belina’s Liz Sewell – we asked parents for their Timesaving Tips
Some parents worry about how they will fit everything in, there are still only 24 hours in a day. It is true you can’t do all the same things in the same way – but most people find that they actually get more done when they go back to work.
You will need to organise some things differently. We asked parents what their own time saving tips are –
- Remember not all clothes need ironing – especially kid’s clothes
- Put everything out for the kids the night before
- Don’t fuss so much about the place being tidy – just go for cosy
- Involve your children in the change, especially if they are older – what can you ask them to help with? Can they make their bed, even their own packed lunch?
- Cook twice as much and eat it over two days
- Go to bed and get up half an hour earlier – it’s amazing how much more you get done in a morning than late at night.
- Make lists
- Ask for help, and accept it when it’s given, even if you have been used to doing everything on your own.
- Accept that things will go wrong – they always do. Make sure you get help and advice – where you did your GRoW programme would be a good place to start.
- Don’t think just about the problem: remember why you are working.
Got advice to share – let us know in the comments slot below.