Breakthrough for Belina – Case Study: Hillingdon
So far this year we have developed two key strands of our approach of community outreach – identifying women who do not usually use community services and work in Children’s Centres.
We have attended a lot of local events and centres:
- Nestles Avenue CC, Hillingdon
- Barra Hall CC, Hillingdon
- Charville Children’s Centre, Hillingdon
- Botwell Green Library, Hillingdon Women’s Day Event
- Charville Library, Hillingdon
- Randolph Beresford Children’s Centre H&F
- Fulham Central Children’s Centre
- Hillingdon Women’s Day Event
In January we received confirmation that our base children’s centre, Uxbridge College, was to close in March. This was a blow to our programme but on the positive side it meant that we needed to gain a new foothold in the Borough.
We held meetings with staff members at the council, the Hillingdon Women’s Centre and other Children’s Centres.
We now have a weekly residency at the Women’s Centre, a new Bengali Women’s group and will be running a GRoW programme at McMillan Children’s Centre from April 2017.
We have nearly 20 people on Hanlon.